Monday, February 6, 2017

Move out day.


So it's come to this. A van full of boxes. Today is the day I am moving in with a friend. When I say it that way it sounds easy. But there are ways to say it that are way more difficult.

Today I move away from the place I have called home for almost 14 years. Away from the people I have called my family for 18 years. And I am moving away alone.

Damn that is hard to say. It is hard to even realize it is actually happening. I knew this day was coming. And please don't get me wrong, I know that this has to happen. Getting a divorce is the only way we were ever going to grow into the people we were meant to be. But I would be neglecting myself if I didn't acknowledge how hard moving away is.

So my life is now in the back of the van. My clothes mostly. I emptied a junk drawer into one of the small boxes. Another holds financial and business stuff. But the rest are filled with what I wear on my body. Sounds kind of simple but it's all I need. Whenever the universe decides I have found my future townhome or condo, I will be moving some furniture from place to place. But for now I am blessed and  grateful for having a place to stay. (Thanks Greg!)  And, I am incredibly sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment